Monday, October 25, 2010

Borneo Antiques

25 September 2010
I took a trip to Kuching, Sarawak from 19 - 22 September. Even though I had been to this Sarawakian capital some years ago, I was tempted to come again just to update myself about this city. There were some developments here and there, new shopping complexes - The Spring, Tun Jugah Shopping Complex , as well as new hotels - The Four Seasons Hotel on the way to the Airport and Santa Magherita (formerly The Holiday Inn) overlooking the meandering Sungai Sarawak.
I took a relaxing walk up and down the Avenue and enjoyed every miniute of it, in the morning as well as in the evening. I also dropped in at the shops, now selling much more stuff for tourists like T-shirts, beautifully engraved key rings, etc. I have always loved Sarawak's wood work and craft. However, this time I was attracted to the antique brass earrings of the Orang Ulu. In fact, I bought 3 pairs each for both male and female. I shall frame them up and add on to my stock of frames of collectible items. These frames should adorn the living room and dining hall of antique lovers!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com